Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fun in the Sun


Brody and I spent a little quality time outside today. HALLELUJAH for the spring weather!!! I remember how devastating it was for me when it would rain and I was working and we would have to skip both recesses and have inside recess. Oh.my.word. It made for the longest school days EVER. Then, when it was finally warm and sunny and beautiful like today and we would have extra long recess for our sanity. Seriously. Teachers have it hard in the winter and early spring. Be extra nice to your child's teacher during that time of year! Haha!

Brody and I enjoyed the weather today so much. We headed to run some errands, then came home and headed for the backyard. I needed some sunshine, so I out the exersaucer on our patio and Brody and I hung out for a little while. Here are a few pictures from our day.

My attempt at taking a pic of the two of us! Haha! I love how sweet he looks at me. I hope he loves me like this when he is older.

11 comments:

Mandi said...

Wonderful idea! Too bad D won't stay in an exersaucer anymore!!! Instead I chase him around the yard. :)

Emily said...

It's so nice when the weather is pretty and you can get outside.

Brody is to cute in his shades and hat.

Jeremiah & Lindsey Kindy said...

little boys love mommies! he is such a doll!

do you plan on going to go back to work? or stay at home with B?

MELISSA said...

he sure is cute in that hat and sunglasses!

what grade did you teach?

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

Love Love Love the hat and sunglasses--adorable!!

Megan said...

I love your blog! I have a little girl that is a few weeks younger than Brody. He is so cute! Don't ya just love the way they look at you? It just melts my heart!

Emily and Patrick said...

Hi Jennifer!

I'm a former OBU alum too, and a friend (and in-law) of Jesse Chester's so I've heard all about little Brody! My little guy is just about a month or so behind him!

Emily

Kelly said...

I loved our exersaucer. I wish they made them for older boys. :)
We also LOVED the jumperoo. FUN!!!

Our weather was nice over the weekend too, but now is COLD and rainy. It is supposed to be in the 80's this weekend. YIKES. I am not ready for the HOT weather. Can we not keep the spring-y weather for a while....high 60's and mid 70's??? :)

Jill said...

LOVE - LOVE the hat and sunglasses! What a stud! I am so happy he got to play outside like a big boy! Luckly it will be nice all week so you can have lots of play time outdoors! :)

Katie Spinks said...

what a great idea and so fun that you got to spend time outside with your little guy who by the way is so cute!! we've had rain all week which makes sense for Spring I guess but oh how I want sunshine!! :)

Paige said...

Aw! That last picture is just the sweetest! He's too cute!