Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Random Wednesday

Here are a few random things that I wanted to share.....

First, remember how I told you that Brody plays on a blanket on the floor in our bedroom while I get ready in the mornings (or afternoon)?Haha!! Well, the other day I decided i would let him play on our bed. I knew I would be able to see him from the bathroom, so i wasn't worried about him rolling off. I put some of his toys up there and laid him on his stomach. Apparently, he hated being on our bed. This is what he looked like.As soon as I put him back on the floor, he was happy and went right back to playing with his toys. Maybe this means he will not be one of those kids who wants to sleep with us if he hates our bed!! Haha!!

Yesterday, I was feeding Brody sweet potatoes again, which by the way, NO ONE mentioned the immediate change in the poop diaper once we started the baby food! Thanks a lot!! Haha! I knew it would change, but that was pretty fast and pretty nasty. I sent Josh a text message trying to describe what it was like. I realize that is disgusting that we do that, but lets face it, you talk about poop when you are a parent!! Haha!! Remember this post? Yeah, never again. Haha!!

Back to the sweet potatoes. He was more interested in eating his toes than eating his food, so he spent half the time doing this! His toes had food on them from being in his mouth so I guess he thought they were flavored. Yum.Last thing....I bought a new canvas for our living room. Maybe I should just say I finally bought a canvas for our living room. For over a year I have casually looked for one and never really found one that I just had to have, so we have had a blank wall. I found this one on Saturday. Josh hung it last night and I really like it. It's still weird to see something on that wall after a year though! It looks more gold in this picture than it really is. When I took the picture this morning, I had the curtains open and the sun was reflecting off of it. Think of it as more orangy-gold. I know orangy isn't a word, but it is on this blog. I think I'm going to go buy some burnt orange pillows to add to our sectional today, so that it brings out the orange in the canvas. I already have red, brown and blue pillows on there. What do you think???

I'm about to go do a few more things around here before Brody gets up!

Have a great day!!!

12 comments:

Jenna said...

Brody is so cute, even when voicing his disdain about bed-related issues. :-) And I love the canvas! Looks great!

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

He is such a doll. I think he is going to have big feet! I am with you on the eating all day thing...Lilly is eating us out of house and home. She woke up twice last night and ate 2 eight ounce bottles. I am going to do cereal twice today instead of just before bed--thanks to reading what you were doing w/Brody. Our pediatrician told us just milk until she is 6 months...but it just isn't doing the trick.

Also, on the whole pooh thing. Lilly's first formula diaper made us all gag...Matt, I, and the dog!! Literally, I am not just saying that to be funny.

I am not much help w/decorating, but it looks and sounds good to me. (:

Shannon said...

You are right, that could be a good sign that Brody doesn't like your bed. :)

Your canvas is great! I bet that really looks good on that wall.

Mandi said...

D spent a lot of time eating his toes, too! It drove me crazy but he seemed to really like his toes. (:

Heather said...

I forgot about the immediate change in poop....esp. for breastfed babies!!! It becomes very multi-colored as you add the different foods! (I would have never typed that sentence if I wasn't a mom!!!!)

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

what a cutie! :)

Heather said...

Hey! I love the picture. It's Awesome. :) I just thought I would let you know that I won a Swagbuck just for searching for Brody's Name before I came to your blog. How cool is that????

Katie said...

Jennifer, what a cutie! He's really growing up.

I hope your nursing and pumping is going ok! I know that takes alot...

LYNDEE said...

oh i dont even think anybody can warn u about the poop, its pretty interesting, huh?? Poop is talked about all the time in our house or in a public bathroom, or dressing rom, yes i said dressing room, anytime cade sees u do any type of squating he says, mommy pooping, daddy pooping?? oh get ready girl, u gotta love em..

Jenna said...

He's so adorable!

Check out my blog - I've got something for you!

Holly said...

Aww he's so cute! LOL at the flavoured toes! That's hilarious! :D

Julie said...

After reading a few posts, it seems like Brody is eating everything in site! So a few toes wouldn't surprise me! He is soooo adorable!