Thursday, February 19, 2009

Peek-A-Boo

Brody loves to sleep with a blanket over his head. He has such a routine when we lay him down in his crib. We have to put gripe water on his paci, then we lay the blanket on him and he pulls it over his face. He refuses to go to sleep unless it is covering his face. It scares people because they think he cannot breath, but we always make sure the top of the blanket has a little space so that he can breath just fine!

When I take a shower and get dressed (key word is when) I put Brody on a blanket in our bedroom floor with some toys so that I can keep an eye on him from our bathroom. Well, the other morning I was getting ready and he decided to take a little nap, so he pulled the blanket over his head and fell asleep. About 30 mintues later I could hear him moving in the room, so I looked in there and this is what I saw! He was awake, but didn't take the blanket off his head, so he looked like a little turtle. It was so cute to watch his little head move from side to side, but I couldn't see his face! I only had my phone in the bathroom with me, so I grabbed it and took a few pictures. The quality isn't that good, but you can tell what he is doing!

13 comments:

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

Haha. He is so cute. I should do that with Lilly while I get ready instead of hoping she takes a good nap. She will sit in the bathroom in her bouncy seat, but she might have more fun rolling with toys.

Leah said...

That is so cute!! And the gripe water, wonderful!!! Perri gets hiccups all the time,which in turn make her spit up from the reflux and that stuff stops the hiccups almost immediately!!

Leah said...

ps- target has gripe water and its only like $7 or so

Emily said...

They actually make "gripe water" I had heard of it, but I didn't know there was an actual product. How funny! I will have to check into that... thanks for the info.

Mandi said...

Oh, how cute!

♥Mrs. V said...

That is the cutest thing!!

Shannon said...

How cute!!

Lauren said...

How precious! Emma Kate is the SAME way! It scared me to death the first time I found her with it over her face! ... And praise the Lord for Gripe Water!!!

Whitney Vanderbilt said...

That is adorable! And it is great that he is content there while you get ready. :)

Julie said...

He is so cute! I loved these pictures!! I'm 30+ years old and I cover my head in the mornings when Bryan turns on the light. Needless to say, I DO NOT look as cute as Broday!! :)

Kyndal said...

Love it! What a cute little turtle. :)

Harris Family said...

He is precious! I love the little things in life that just bring such happiness. I am sure we are about to experience that in a whole new way!

Jenna said...

Such a darling little turtle!!!