Tuesday, January 13, 2009

On A Roll

Edit: My sister called me after she watched this and told me I sounded like one of those stage moms on TLC. She said people will not want to sit by me at the ball park when Brody plays ball because I will yell things like, "Swing at that one", "Get your elbow up", and "Run faster"! Haha! She is totally WRONG but I thought it was funny!!!! I was just trying to give him a little encouragement during this video!!!

Little Man marked another milestone last week! He started rolling from his back to his stomach. If you remember, he started rolling from his stomach to his back when he was 5 1/2 weeks old!! Now he can roll in complete circles! He seems really entertained in his crib at night because he can now move all around it. He just rolls and scoots until he gets comfortable. He has discovered that he can sleep on his stomach now, which seems to be his new favorite position. We lay him on his back and within a few seconds, he is on his stomach asleep. It might be a coincidence, but since he has been sleeping on his stomach, he has started to sleep longer! Whatever it takes!!

Here is a video I caught of him last week rolling around. I have about 10 videos of it now because it does it all the time. His MDO teachers were telling me that they watched him roll and flop during his nap time yesterday. They still can't believe how strong and active he is right now. I think my days of having a cuddling newborn are over!

15 comments:

Mrs. Dwiggins said...

he is too sweet!

Julee Turner said...

I am so excited for Brody! I can't believe how incredibly strong he is! Also very sad that we only have a small amount of time left to cuddle!

Kelly said...

"they" aren't kidding when they say they grow up too fast...are they? ;)
He is so precious. And it is so abundantly clear how much you love him.
You are an AWESOME Mom.

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

That is great!! Lilly is sooo close to rolling from back to front (like where it looks like gravity would just take her that extra distance)...but not yet for us. Congratulations Brody!

Kelly said...

OH - they grow WAY too fast!!!!! He's so cute!

Mandi said...

It's SO fun when they learn new tricks! Brody may be growing but he'll still want to cuddle with his mama. (:

The Allens said...

I can't wait for all of that!

Amy said...

What a little sweet pea!! And SO talented! :)

Lea Liz said...

Hey!! I am a follower and I think I have maybe posted before but your Brody is sooo cute and I think he has grown sooo fast!!!! I want my brody to stay little!!! He is such a cutie!!!!!!!

Jeremiah and Lindsey Kindy said...

he looks so long in this video... he is such a doll!

Jessica said...

Go baby go!! He is adorable. I loved getting to hear your voice. : ) You sound so cute and normal. My baby talk voice to Harbor is annoying! Ha, ha!! I'M the stage mom, i'm afraid!!!

Kristen Rodgers said...

Jennifer, You helped me tremendously!! Thank you so much! Now, how do I get one of those header's like you have? I just love it. Please let me in on the place to get cute stuff for my blog!

Kristen Rodgers said...

I plan on working on the scrapblog thing you told me about tonight. I just now learned that I could put a picture in the header...I know, pathetic, right? SO, I was just testing it out with Korben's canvas. I'm pretty sure I'll have new questions for you tomorrow!

Lil Miss K's Mommy said...

OMG can Brody please please please come over and teach Keegan how to do that. They are only a few days a part. Keegan can only roll from her tummy to back. I need to her to roll from back to tummy for daycare (which she starts next Monday, boo hoo!)
GO BRODY!!!

~Lisa

Rich and Renee said...

What a big boy!!! We are still working on that....does he give lessons? What a cutie! I am still looking forward to getting together. Actually, I think Brody and Sallie may get to play together on Mondays! So fun!