Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Shoes

Aunt Jilly ordered Brody these oh so cute shoes for Christmas and they FINALLY came in today! They were not in a real hurry to get them to her, but we love them! She ordered them in a 6-12 month so he will be able to wear them when he is really started to scoot around. She also brought by some cute little outfits she picked up while she was out shopping. I can't wait to see him in those as well! Thank you Jill.

We had a really fun, but busy weekend! Josh and I went on a date Friday night! Yep, a real one. It was a lot of fun! We went to eat, then we went to Barnes and Noble. We got home in time for Josh to fall asleep on the couch. Perfect night in our book! Saturday, our friend, Stefan, came up for a visit. She had not seen Brody yet, so it was a really fun weekend getting to introduce him to her. She stayed with Matt and Julee, so we hung out over there on Saturday afternoon. Then, Julee, Stefan, Jill and I went to see Bride Wars. Later that night we went to eat at Abuelos. We had a really fun day with all of them! Stefan come see us again soon!

OK, so for a little honest moment here. I'm always honest, but this is personal honest!! Haha! And before you read this, BRODY WAS SOOO WORTH IT!!! Every single bit of it!!! Back to the subject....I lost all my baby weight pretty quick. I just have good genetics and it pretty much fell off. I was in my jeans a week exactly after Brody was born and I weigh less than I did before I got pregnant with him (probably because I lost all my muscle!!). Therefore, I have had no motivation to work out. I worked out a few times after my 6 weeks, but then I just got busy being a mom and I haven't really worked out much since then.

I'm not trying to lose weight, I just want to get back into shape. Once you have a baby things don't really look like they did before you got pregnant. If you have had a baby you know what I mean. I feel like my stomach is softer, and the girls are way bigger (plus and minus to that), and I have love handles and hips now. I swear my butt grew, too. It's just different. I hope that my doctor left my abs in when she did my c-section, but I'm not sure because I haven't seen them since March!! haha! I really want to feel good about myself again. So, I have committed myself to running in the Little Rock Relay Marathon in March. I ran in it my junior year of college and then, a month later, I did the Hogeye Half Marathon. I feel like this will be the best way to get me back into shape because I have to be in shape to run that day. Anyway, over the next few weeks I will keep you updated on my running. I feel like this will keep me a little more accountable. I went running tonight in the this nice 30 degree weather. I wanted to chug hot water when I got back inside because my throat hurt so bad!! Here is a picture of my before I went running! Cute, right? Please continue to pray for Harper and Brayden! They are both making improvements, but they still have a long road ahead of them. They need lots of prayers!!!

13 comments:

Lauren said...

What a fun weekend! I want to see Bride Wars! I love those little shoes! So cute!

While they were stitching me up after my C-Section I asked my Dr. for a tummy tuck... Um, I'm pretty sure he forgot to perform it! (Ha!) You are right... "Things" are different after having a baby; but it IS so worth it!

Kristi said...

I am right there with you on the soft tummy. I think my abs are gone too. After carring twins and having a c-section there isn't any muscle left. I lost all but 4 pounds of my baby weight by my 6 week check up but then birth control put some back on me. I have been walking 2 miles a day for 3 weeks and doing 10 minutes of a weighted hula hoop, but still a soft wierd tummy. Your right after having a baby your body is wierd and soft. BUT babies are well worth it!

Julee Turner said...

First of all, I am very happy for you that are SKINNIER than before you had Brody! If I didn't love you so much I would probably hate you because of it! JK. I loved the shoes. He will be so cute crawling around in them. I just laughed out loud at your picture. I bet you FROZE!!!! I need to come run with you to lose my weight from not doing anything but laying on my couch and eating, Too bad that is the only reason I have gained weight!
Thanks for being such a great friend! I don't know what I would do without you and Jill!

Mandi said...

The new shoes are CUTE! I love that they have his name on them.

Your weekend sounds perfect! I can't tell you how many times we have fallen asleep on the couches in the past year. ha ha!

Running in 30 degree weather is inspiring. I'm having difficulty running in 50 degree weather! (: I'm such a wimp!

Terri said...

Oh dear....after my honest blog...don't know if this is what I needed to read!!! ha ha ha. JK. Most moms I know weigh less now - so I guess that is good! you look fantastic!!!!!!!

Wish we lived closer!

The Allens said...

I really appreciate your honest account of your body now. I am due in a few weeks and I have been wondering what the process would be to get back to looking the way I want to.

Leah said...

oh gosh i hear you on your body being different. its amazing how the weight drops off but the hips and love handles? yeah, not so cute. ive been working out and back in my weight training class in efforts to tone. the abs are starting to come back but still, places are soft. its taking a long time to gain strength back in my abs and some things really strain them, so be careful!! and ab exercises in turn hurt my back from carrying all that extra weight. oh the joys huh? haha

Amanda said...

LOVE the new shoes! I got so excited when I saw the title was new shoes, as that is one of my favorite things! Ha!
Let me tell you, you are my hero! You are so super skinny to have just given birth a few months ago and now running a marathon. I am just ashamed that I don't get my big fat lazy butt off the couch! Ha!!! :-)

Shannon said...

Bride Wars was so cute! I loved it. I'm glad ya'll had a great weekend!

I hate running in the cold too because of how it makes my throat feel. I would rather run in 120 degree weather! :)

Angie said...

I love the shoes!! So cute!! Good luck with your marathon training!!

Kelly said...

Love the shoes!!!
SOOOOO glad ya'll got to have a date night and time with friends - what a fun weekend!!!
And I'm SOOOOOO trying not to hate you for looking so good so soon - I still look 6 months pregnant and I have never seen anything as big as my girls are right now (ha!) but I wouldn't trade this yucky body in the world for Harper! :-)

Jessica said...

So proud you are going to run!!

Lara said...

Love the new shoes! What a cute fabric!