Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Let there be light!

Josh got home, started the fire (in like 4 seconds by the way) and then the power came on! I cannot explain how happy I was to hear the "pop" noise when everything turned on at once. I can still hear trees and limbs falling outside, but hopefully that will not cause our power to go out again. We have underground lines so I was surprised the electricity went out as fast as it did today. I'm praying it stays on now. It wouldn't bother me as bad if it was just Josh and me because we can handle the cold, but I just don't want our sweet baby freezing! He is in his little fleece footed pajamas and all snuggled up asleep in his swing right now. I'm about to go take a shower and then cook supper early so we at least have something to eat.

I will try to take some pictures and post them later!

4 comments:

The Allens said...

I'm glad Josh came home! Brody will be perfectly fine snuggled up by the fire!

Kelly said...

Keep warm. :) And enjoy your fire!!!
We got the snow sunday and last night, now we are getting the snowy ice mixture. YUK!!!

Shannon said...

Thankfully our power has not gone out. Jason and Katie's has been out for awhile though. Limbs and branches are falling like crazy. Glad you are warm again!

Angie said...

You poor thing!! Ice storms are the worst!! I am so glad your husband made it home safe and sound.
Good luck!!