Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hard Drives and Baptism...A little random!


I went to pick this Free Agent Portable Hard Drive up at Office Max tonight. They had these on sale the weekend before Christmas and by the time I got there to buy one, they were sold out. I placed at order for one and got the sale price which was $99.99 (they were originally $149.99)!!! I called OM today and they said it had just arrived, so I headed there to pick it up. My grandparents gave Josh and me money for Christmas, so we thought this would be something we could both enjoy. It holds 320 GB. We needed something to back up all our precious (1500 or so!) pictures of Brody on and something to save all our music from itunes on as well. We learned the hard way this summer when our computer crashed and we had to reload everything. Fortunately, we save pictures to some websites and had some on cds so we retrieved all of them, but we had to get some of our music back. Now we will not have to worry about that! This thing can hold 104,000 pictures. That might get us to preschool!! Haha!!

I also want to store my college papers from my laptop onto this as well. My dad said he and I worked hard on those!! Haha! Seriously, I have a paper on the Doctrine Of Baptism that is like 20 something pages long and took me a whole semester to write. It's the BIG paper your senior year if you are a Biblical/Christian Studies major. If I lost that thing I would DIE!!!!!!! No joke, it was the most time consuming thing I have ever done in my life. My college roomie and I spent many nights reading about the Biblical view of baptism for these papers. It was for our theology class. Michelle and I, along with all our friends, dreaded that class for 7 semesters. Then, our last semester, we took it and it was honestly one of my favorite classes in college. You would not believe how much I learned about the Bible. It was soooooo hard, but well worth the time and effort we had to put into it!

Sometimes I wish I was still back in college. I loved college and I really wish I still knew all the things I learned in college, but I think some left my head during pregnancy!! Haha! Maybe one day I will have time to go back and read some of those books I had to read for classes in college. I still wish we could have had text books on tape! How awesome would that have been???

7 comments:

Shannon said...

I just bought an external hardrive too! Yours is pretty! :) Mine is just black. :)

Are you liking the book?!?

Mandi said...

It sounds like you picked the perfect present for the two of you! Definitely don't want to lose any of Brody's sweet pictures or that college paper!!!

Jenna said...

Oh my - 20 pages! I dont know if I could do that! I would be saving it too! Thanks for telling me about your c-sec experience. It makes me feel more normal! I am almost secretly hoping for one!

Harris Family said...

I couldn't agree more...I think some of the useful things I have learned throughout life are leaving me and are being replaced with knowledge about strollers and breastfeeding and how to get my child to sleep throughout the night!!! WOW- How life changes in such a short time. But in a good way! I wish I would have spent all those hours in college studying the Bible in college and not so many hours studying things I do not even use now!!!

Eric and Leslie Warford said...

Hey, Jennifer! I've been reading your blog today. That little boy is so precious! Glad to see you guys are doing so well!!

Leslie Grappe Warford

Leah said...

I know it was great!! I put her back down too and she slept until around 9:30 (fed her at 6:30). Let's hope she keeps it up!! She is getting 2 of the shots, dTap and rotavirus. I'm following Dr. Sear's alternative schedule. She gets all her shots but only two at a time and some are delayed, such at hep B. We declined it at birth and she'll get those later. After reading "The Vaccine Book" and doing research on all the vaccinations we just feel better about spreading them out. It's amazing kids these days get more than double the shots that we did as kids! Eek!

Michelle said...

OHHHHHHH Theology! so many funny memories of the back row fun we had! our secret to surviving.... lots of sonic drinks and plenty of sweet tea!!!! love and miss you!!