Saturday, January 31, 2009

All About Brody

I feel like the last few days have been filled with stories about everything but Brody. Yes, it has been very cold this week and yes, there is still a little bit of ice and yes, our electricity still flickers, but this sweet little face just warms my heart! Brody is 17 weeks old and couldn't get any cuter to Josh and me. Everyday I tell Josh I couldn't love Brody any more than I do that day, but somehow the next day I love him even more!! He really, truly is the best thing that has ever happened to us. We are slightly crazy about him. I know all parents feel this way about their children, but seriously, we really are CRAZY! We just love him soooo much!

In November, I posted some pictures of Brody with a bear. Judy had suggested taking pictures of Brody every month with the bear to see how much he has grown. Well, I forgot last month but remembered this month! Here is a picture of Brody and Bear from November, then one of them from today.
He really has grown! And he has lost his hair, too! Ha!

Every little thing he does is like the most amazing thing to us! He is constantly learning, therefore, he is constantly doing something new and exciting. This week he showed us how he can hold his bottle all by himself. He takes most of his bottles at MDO, and takes very few at home, just because I'm around and it's easier that way. Josh was giving him a bottle the other night when he got home from work. Josh pulled it away to try and burp Brody, and when he did Brody sat up half-way and pulled it back into his mouth. Then, he just held it while he ate! It was so cute! Of course, we freaked out and took 30 pictures! Haha!
He can almost pull himself up when he is laying down. We have seen him do it once, but not really any other time since then. I have no idea how his little abs do not hurt him all the time. He is constantly do sit-ups trying to get up when we have him on his back. Also, he can barrel roll now! He just rolls around like crazy. He's so good at it that he gets from one place on the floor to another by rolling. Once he gets where he wants, he rolls onto his stomach and holds his head up like "ta da!" It's just so cute!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

12 comments:

Kyndal said...

Love these pics! Brody is such a doll.

Katie said...

Awww! I remember all those sweet days with Amelia, when she first held her own bottle and all. I cannot wait to do it all over again with this new one!

If you keep taking your monthly bear pictures with Brody, you could display them at his 1st birthday party...all the months showing his growth up to that point. We take them on a particular blanket. One of my friends did her daughter's with a particular doll. It's so cute to see them change from month to month!

Jenna said...

Jennifer, he is SO cute!!! Hope ya'll are having a great day!

Cindy said...

He's so cute. It is so much fun to watch a little person learn everything!

Emily said...

Your little Brody is getting so big. He sure is handsome.

Lil Miss K's Mommy said...

Look at those long legs! He is so cute!!!

Julee Turner said...

I miss Brody! He looks so cute next to that bear! He is seriously growing up to fast and I see him almost everyday!

LYNDEE said...

ahhh gosh, i feel like it was yesterday that my little cade did that. it seemed like my husband and i thought it would be nice when he could hold his own bottle and when he did it, i actually think my eyes swelled up with tears... ohhh being a mommy, its awesome.

Mandi said...

Your love for Brody really shines through! He is such a blessed boy to have such a good mama!

He is changing so much and doing so well...keep up the good work!

Katie said...

It IS so much fun to see them grow and change almost every day, isn't it!? He's a cutie!

Just Terrific said...

Oh, my goodness! He's bigger than his bear! He really has grown a lot! He's a cutie, too!

Harris Family said...

Spending my days with him would warm my heart, too! He is getting so big but as handsome as ever!