Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Recipes

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter (melted
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar ( I use regular brown sugar)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (12 oz) bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda

Evenly position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone sheets.
Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave until melted. Cool slightly. Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon. ( Sometimes Josh has to help because it gets really thick!) Stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared pans( I use my cookie dough scooper). Space the cookies about 2-inches apart on the pans. Bake, until golden, but still soft in the center, 12 to 16 minutes. Transfer hot cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool.


These bottom two recipes are from my cousin. They are two of my favorite recipes! And they are super easy, which is always a good thing!

Cowboy Chili

1 Whole chicken or 4 chicken breasts ( I use chicken breasts. Much easier !)
3 cans of chicken broth
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can black eyed peas
1 can yellow corn
Small can of tomato sauce
1 jar of Thick-n-Chunky Salsa ( I buy Walmart brand and use 3/4 the jar)
1 Pack of taco seasoning

Boil and cut up chicken. Rinse and drain beans and corn. Mix all ingredients together in large pot, bring to boil, let simmer 30 minutes.
I make corn bread muffins and put one in the bottom of the bowl, then add the chili on top. Then I top that with a little sour cream and shredded cheese. It's so good!!! (My mom and I made this as part of my frozen meals before Brody was born. We just finished the last jar and it still tasted so good!)


Corn Dip

1-(15 oz) can yellow corn (drained)
1- can shoe peg corn
1-can of Rotel
1-(4 oz) can chopped green chilies
1-(8 oz) package of cream cheese (softened)
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. cilantro ( I use dried)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Pour into 9X13 baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with Frito scoops or any kind of chips you like!

12 comments:

Jenna said...

Yay! Thanks for posting these! Yum!

FBC Bentonville 4W said...

These recipes sound great! I do not know how on earth you are making 1800 cookies - you are super woman!!!!

Kelly said...

That last comment was from me - oops!

Emily said...

I must try the cookie recipe. It sounds delicious!

Mandi said...

We are CRAZY about dips around here so I can't wait to try the Corn Dip recipe! Everything else sounds yummy, too.

Angie said...

The recipies sound great! I will have to try these.
Thanks for posting them!

The Williams' said...

Yay! I've been needing a chocolate chip cookie recipie for Christmas! You saved the day!! Also, where did you make your header, it is so cute!

Shannon said...

Those all look delicious!

Laura Ann said...

I am going to try and bake some of these soon. You have been one busy bee.

I can not believe you have been hand mixing all of these.

I love the new Christmas look on your blog.

Amy said...

Just wanted to say that I love your blog, and Brody is JUST PRECIOUS! I also wanted to say that your Cowboy Chili is AMAZING! My husband and I made it for dinner tonight, and it was a huge success - even with our 4 kids!!

Thanks so much, and good luck with the rest of the cookies!! :)

Katie said...

Yum! These look like good recipes!

Junda Xu said...

20150721 junda
michael kors watches
replica watches rolex
replica watches for sale
michael kors outlet
coach outlet store online
louis vuitton sito ufficiale
gucci uk
louboutin
burberry outlet
air force pas cher
oakley sunglasses outlet
jordan femme
coach factory outlet
christian louboutin
ralph lauren polo shirts
michael kors bags
polo ralph lauren
ray bans
kate spade handbags
kate spade new york
louis vuitton
coach outlet store online
soccer outlet
jordan shoes uk
pandora jewelry outlet
michael kors handbags
gucci handbags
oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
coach factory outlet
polo ralph lauren uk
coach outlet
oakley sunglasses sale
michael kors handbags
tory burch outlet
polo outlet
soccer shoes
louboutin pas cher
ed hardy uk
air max uk