Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy 2 month Birthday!


I had to take a picture of the cake beside the picture of him in his Christmas sweater!

Our baby is 2 months old today! He is growing so fast. I just love all the fun things he is doing now. People tell us every stage is so much fun and they are right! I loved it when he was brand new and did nothing but eat, sleep, cry and dirty a diaper. Now, I love that he coos, holds his head up, rolls over, laughs and smiles!

We had a really great visit with our pediatrician today. Our dr is so great and always reassures me by telling me we are doing exactly what we need to be doing. Brody weighs 10lbs 9.5 oz. He is in the 75th percentile for his height. Dr. Simmons said everything looked great!

I told him that Brody had started rolling over and he looked at me like I was kidding or something and said "no way". I told him I had it on video to prove it. He said to make sure and keep that video because most babies roll over at 4 months old and Brody was 6 weeks old when he rolled over!! I was so proud. I couldn't wait to call and tell Josh!

He also told me that he wants me to stop nursing Brody in the middle of the night and start getting him to sleep between 8 to 12 hours straight at night. He gave me some tips to get him to do this and said it should be working within 2 weeks. Brody already sleeps 7 hours straight some nights, so I feel like we might be able to do this! He did not suggest rice cereal just yet, but did tell me I could start that before the 4 month appointment if I wanted to, so I'm sure we will give it a try closer to that time.

So about those shots. Brody was asleep when the nurses came in to give the shots. They gave him all three shots at the same time and Brody woke up screaming! It was seriously the loudest scream I have ever heard from someone that small. I know all of his cries and I could pick them out of a crowd , but that scream was not even recognizable! I, of course, immediately starting crying. I didn't cry out loud, but I had tears rolling down my face. I picked Brody up and he stopped crying and fell back asleep, but I kept crying! The nurse probably thought I was crazy. She apologized several times. I'm sure she had no idea what to say to me. After a couple of minutes I was finished, too! He has been great all afternoon and evening. The Tylenol every four hours is a life saver. Thanks for your prayers. He did great and I survived! haha!

10 comments:

Laura Ann said...

I love the cake and he looks so cute. This is the best idea ever and I am sure it is so YUMMY every month too!

I am so glad the shots went well. Do not worry about the crying ~ I still do it everytime. Isn't it crazy how you just want your babies to be safe and when they hurt you hurt? Being a Mommy is the best job in the world, isn't it?

Have a blessed day!

The Allens said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how big he is! Isn't it crazy to look at these pictures compared to ones you took just a few weeks ago?!?

Shannon said...

He is getting so big! Way to go Brody for rolling over at 6 weeks! I can't wait to see these cake pictures when he is older and interested in them! :)

Leah said...

Gosh how time flies huh? Perri is now 3 weeks old too! Crazy!!! Please oh please tell me how he is sleeping 7 hours at night, or when did this start? The most she's slept at night is 4 hours.. eek. Is he sleeping in ya'lls room or his? If his, did he ever sleep in ya'lls? She's in a bassinet in our room but I'm getting very tempted to move her to her own room.

Kelly said...

Glad you had a good dr's appt. Sorry that he woke up screaming. My son always did too and still does. And it still makes me cry.
I LOVE the cake. Gorgeous. I would not have wanted to cut into it. (but I would have) ;)
Happy 2months Brody!!!

Kristen Rodgers said...

Jenn, He is so so HANDSOME. He just looks so mature for 2 months old. I agree with what that doctor said. Korben was at least 3 months old before he rolled over, maybe even 4. So, your little man is advanced. I love his christmas sweater too! I know exactly how you feel when you said you cried when he got his shots. I cry everytime...not out loud, like you said, but tears just roll down my face. So so happy for you. I can't wait to have a play date.

Jenna said...

What a great cake! Poor little man with his shots - I would probably be like you and cry too though if it makes you feel better!

Cindy said...

Aw, I know how you feel with the shots. It's such a sad little cry and they are over it long before you! That cake is so pretty!

Tonette said...

Hello. I have stumbled onto your blog through a friend, and it seems that we have some things in common. I too had a baby in October, the 17th. Also Dr. Seale did my C- section, love her to death. I was just wondering what your dr. told you about sleeping more, the tips he gave you. My little man will not sleep for more than 2.5 hours. My little girl slept at least 6 hours by this time. Your family is precious.

Jessica said...

Bless both of your hearts. I dread that appointment!