Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Tag

Shannon, from Bless Our Nest, tagged me with this fun little Christmas question tag. I needed a break during the baking extravaganza and Shannon provided that for me today! Thanks, Shannon!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate. I have never tried egg nog. I do not have any desire to drink something with the word egg in it. I prefer to eat my eggs.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa used to leave them unwrapped, but now they are all wrapped.

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white lights?
White please!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but I should!

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually the day after Thanksgiving, but this year I started decorating the week before Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Potato Casserole

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
One year Santa came to our house on Christmas Eve. Jill and I always left out carrots for Rudolph and mom "forgot" carrots at the store, so my dad went to go get some at the store while we went to bed. My mom came and got us out of bed while my dad was gone and told us she heard something and she thought it might be Santa. Sure enough it was and he came in and had a big bag and gave us our gifts. The whole time my dad was still at the store. Santa stayed and ate his cookies and then left. When my dad came home, Jill and I were freaking out telling him that he missed Santa. It wasn't until several years later when I was looking at pictures from Santa coming to our house did I realize that Santa and dad looked a lot alike!! haha!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember exactly but I know it was sometime in elementary school.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Some years we do.

10. How do you decorate your tree?
Red, blue and chocolate brown ornaments

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
I love snow days! It means a day off work for me!

12. Can you ice skate?
I can stand up wearing ice skates but I cannot skate. I sort of stomp across the ice. It's so graceful!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I can't remember a favorite gift. I think I probably always had a favorite gift each
year.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Spending time with my family and celebrating Christ's birth.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Anything chocolate

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
We have always go to the Christmas Eve service at our church as a family. It's always special!

17. What tops your Christmas tree?
Ting Ting and this stuff that looks like a crazy bad hair day. I'm not for sure it has a name!

18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving?
I really like giving more. Especially if I feel like I got someone something they really, really wanted or needed!

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I'll Be Home for Christmas is my favorite for this year, but it changes year to year.

20. Candy Canes-yum or yuck?
Yum, but I prefer the tiny ones in the little wrapped package. The regular size are just too big for me.

21. What do you want for Christmas?
This is the first year of my life I can remember honestly not wanting anything. I'm just so excited about spending our first Christmas with Brody! That's a gift in and of itself!

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
Not really, besides work. We can't go to our Sunday School one this year because of a conflict.

23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs?
Christmas morning I wear Christmas pajams, but everywhere else we are casual at our
Christmas.

24. Do you own a Santa hat?
No

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
We spend Christmas Day at our house just the two of us, now the three of us. Christmas afternoon or evening we go to my parent's house. We usually spend 2 or 3 days before or after Christmas with Josh's family. We spend Christmas with my extended family around Christmas just not on the day.

I tag Julee and Mandi!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Aww, thats such a cute childhood memory!!!

Amanda said...

I love #7! That is a fabulous memory!!!! I hope you have a great 1st Christmas as a mommy!

Shannon said...

That time when Santa came sounds so fun!!! :) Great memory!

Julee Turner said...

I can just picture you and Jill probably in matching outfits and not realizing that Phil was Santa!! HAHAH! :) Good luck with the cookies. Josh gave me an update and it sounds like you are moving right along to 1800! Thanks for the tag. It was fun!

Mandi said...

Oh, what fun! Thanks for tagging me...I'll do this sometime this week.

Jeremiah and Lindsey Kindy said...

aww thanks! we are super excited! and yes, thats our christmas card! i just love them , amber does such a good job! brody is a doll! i love all the updates on him!