Thursday, December 11, 2008

Baby Jesus and a Give-A-Way!

Brody is playing Baby Jesus in our church's Christmas pageant this weekend. Josh and I took him to practice tonight, so that Mary and Joseph could get used to holding a real baby during the songs. Josh and I had just gotten married this time last year and we were visiting our church, but had not joined at that time. We were in Benton on the day of the pageant last year, so this was the first time we had seen it. It is so awesome this year! I just kept wanting to cry all during it..it's just so good!

It was so fun seeing Brody play baby Jesus. He did great! I know I'm his mom, but he really is a good baby. He didn't cry one time tonight. He actually slept during the songs. The music was so loud and the lights were so bright, but it didn't seem to bother him. I took a few pictures during practice. Brody was not swaddled tonight. Instead, he is in his Gap jeans. It looked so funny seeing Mary and Joseph in their biblical robes and Brody in his jeans and onesie! We are looking forward to Sunday. I'm praying he will be just as happy and content then as he was tonight!

You can't see him, but Mary is holding him behind the screen.
He was so relaxed! I'm not sure if you can tell but he had his pacifier in his mouth! Who's surprised?

I love this one because Jesus is in the back. It looks really cool in person!

One more thing...Mandi is hosting a Give-A-Way on her blog. It is this super cute hooded towel that grows with your child. I want to win it, which is why I'm posting about it on here!(it gets me two chances to win!) If you want a chance to win, go enter on Mandi's blog. Also, take some time to read her story while you are there. She and her husband are in the process of trying to adopt Baby D, who is their foster son. I just love Mandi. She is always so encouraging! Just this week she sent me the sweetest email! I want to encourage you to pray for Mandi, Howie, and Baby D as they continue to go through the process of becoming a family. It has been a long journey and it is still not over. I'm praying hard and I have no doubt that they will be a family very soon!

P.S. In case you were wondering, I still have 75 dozen cookies to make. I'm half way there! We are baking like crazy tomorrow night. Our neighbors are so sweet because they have let us borrow their oven. I send Josh with full cookie sheets across the street and it cuts our baking time in half. It's good for Josh too, because he gets to watch football with Brock while the cookies bake!

13 comments:

Mandi said...

Brody will make such a cute baby Jesus!

Thank you for your kind words, but most importantly for your prayers. I'm so glad to have met you through blogging. (:

Julee Turner said...

aww! How sweet!! I love the pics of baby Jesus! How long is that pageant at 9:15?

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see him on Sunday! They always do such a great job with the pageants. I'm sure he will be perfect!

That is hilarious about your neighbors letting you use their oven. Good idea!

The Allens said...

Oh wow! The pagent looks wonderful and your baby is such a wonderful actor! Oh, it's too cute!

Harris Family said...

I am going to miss the church program this year! I miss our church so much, too! We have found a new home in Waco, but it is just not the same! Your little boy is a superstar....and a super cute one at that!!!

Kelly said...

how precious. I am sure he will do a great job.
I too love the picture with Jesus in the background.
That is great your neighbors are lending their oven. You are almost there. Do you despise cookies yet?

The Pink Potpourri said...

that is wonderful! looks like an incredible pageant. we used to perform a christmas pageant at our church every year when i was in high school. it was a pretty big production...abc would come and tape it and air it onour local station through december.

thanks for the link to the giveaway!

The Timbs Clan said...

Where do you attend church?? I would loved to have brought my oldest daughter to see this

Allison Green said...

Jenn! Sarah and I love keeping up with your blog. I just had to comment today. I was baby Jesus at FBC Benton! Wow, that was more than 20 years ago and look how well I turned out. haha! We will all be there on Sunday. I know Brody will do great. His pasi won't look any more out of place than my hot pink Reeboks did back in '86.

leah marie. said...

how precious...

at some point in every post...i laugh.
loves!

♥Brandy said...

He is so precious! How exciting that he is in the play. Seems like he did a great job.

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness - Brody was baby Jesus!!!!! That is so neat!!! He makes a perfect one!

Jessica said...

Brody looks awesome up there!!!