Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Baby Dedication


( The three of us before dedication. Brody was trying really hard to wake up!)

Sunday was Brody's baby dedication at church. It was such a special day for our family. Josh, Brody and I had to be at church at 8:40. This doesn't sound early, but when you are trying to get dressed, nurse a baby and get him dressed, it can make for an early morning. I have become one of those "fashionably late people" in the past year or so. Not real late, but like 5 or 10 minutes late. I have no idea how it happened but it just did! All that to say I was so nervous about making it on time to church, but we did it! ( My new years resolution is to work on being early, but I can't start that until after the new year! haha!)

Anyway, the dedication service was before the church service started. Brody received a bible and all the families were prayed over. There was a reception immediately following for the families. Our pastor's wife came a spoke to us as a group, then each family had their picture taken together. By the time the reception wrapped up, the church service was almost over, so Josh and I waited for our families to come out. We all headed to our house for lunch. Here are a few pictures from Sunday! (Yes, I have on the same wrap from Thanksgiving. I had bought a dress for Sunday, but when I woke up and it was SNOWING, I decided pants would be a better choice!)

Brody and Big Daddy in their sweater vests!
My sister and my mom fixing their plates...we had bbq!

In front of our Christmas tree

My family

Josh's parents

Josh's parents gave this cross to Brody on Sunday. I need to find a little stand for it so I can put it in his room.


I pray this scripture for Brody often...

Ephesians 3:17-19

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

What a sweet and special day!!!!
I used to dread baby dedication when we were trying so hard for a baby and now I can't wait for it! Our church only does it every few months so I want to do it on mother's day next year!
Your family is so cute!

Shannon said...

What a great day!! I'm sorry we missed it!

Kelly said...

What a special day. So wonderful that your family could share it with you.
I love Brody's outfit and that he matched "Big Daddy". ;)

Jessica said...

You three make such a stylish family! : )

The Allens said...

That was a wonderful post!!!!!

His Doorkeeper said...

I love baby dedication day! I cry everytime! Even if I am visiting in another church and don't know a soul, I cry! (Happy cry, of course)

Your family just looks so special and I know you were so proud to have them their on your special day with Brody! Blessings on your sweet little family! Brody is precious in that little sweater!