Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This little piggie went shopping?

Aunt Jill came over last night to see Brody. While she was holding him she was talking to him. I heard her start "This little piggie went to market." My mom and dad used to do this with us when we were little and this is how they would say it.


This little piggie went to market,

This little piggie stayed home,

This little piggie ate roast beef,

This little piggie had none,

And this little piggie cried "wee wee wee" all the way home.

Pretty much like everyone else says it, right?


This is the version I heard Jill say to Brody.

This little piggie went SHOPPING,

This little piggie stayed home,

This little piggie ate CORNBREAD,

This little piggie HAD FUN...


At that point I stopped her and asked her where in the world that came from! Cornbread of all things!! Seriously, cornbread? Not to mention the other 2 very big mistakes that went along with that one. Josh and I laughed until we almost cried! I said it to her the correct way and she proceeded to say it to Brody that way afterwards. We may have to watch this one if she tries to pull out nursery rhymes next!!

6 comments:

Julee Turner said...

hahahahahhaahhaha!!!! I am laughing out loud right now! I can see the whole situation in my head right now and I am cracking up! Oh Anut Jilly!

Shannon said...

That is hilarious! I bet you can't even wait until she has kids of her own! :) She will definitely be entertaining. :)

Mandi said...

What a funny story to share! The picture of Brody with your sister is so sweet!

The Allens said...

I laughed out loud! I thought, at first, that she was just being silly, but it sounds like that's the way she was taught it!

Kelly said...

too funny. I like her version.
Love the picture of the two of them.
That little story should go in Brody's baby book. he he he

Katie said...

Cornbread! haha! That is such a cute story.