Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our Weekend Top Ten

In an attempt to get more creative with my weekend updating I am going to give you the top ten exciting things that happened at our house this weekend. Please keep in mind that while these may not sound exciting to you they were very exciting for us. Haha! They are in order of when they occurred.

1. Brody was 6 weeks old Friday. He did not enjoy his weekly photo shoot.

This was him wanting his paci. (Gigi and Mimi, do not call and say you need to come get him because we make him cry! haha)

This was 10 seconds later when we gave him the paci.

2. I slept 7 hours straight on Friday night. (12am-7am) See #3 for the how and why.

3. Brody had his first bottle! Yes, I finally detached myself from Brody long enough to let him have a bottle. I nursed him at 11pm Friday night, burped him, changed him, and put him back in his bed. At 3:00, Josh gave him a bottle, which I slept through (it was planned) and then, I nursed again at 7:00am! I have no pictures or video from the first bottle because I was asleep. I think the last time I slept that long was about July, before the 5 trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night started. Thank you Lord for sleep, breast pumps, bottles and husbands, in no particular order. (He sleeps 4 to 6 hours straight a night! It's amazing!)

4. Because I had such a FABULOUS night we had to celebrate at breakfast. No, I didn't cook. We went to Mimi's at the Promenade and ate breakfast, well, probably brunch because it was 10:45. Afterwards, I went to a few stores and picked up a few things. I'm not for sure Brody had as much fun shopping. This is what he looked like in his stroller.


5. We took Brody to see Aunt Jill at work for the first time. I was glad he left without a cell phone. I figure if she has anything to do with it he will have one when he is 5, or when he is talking.
6. We had poppy seed chicken for supper last night. The best part was that I didn't even have to fix it because it was in our "supper stash" in the freezer. Mom and I fixed 14 meals for Josh and I before Brody was born so that all I had to do was pull something out and cook it. Easy!

7. Brody rolled over. It seems a little early for that, but because he is a child prodigy, I'm not surprised. Haha! He did it 3 times this weekend. I saw it twice and once I didn't see because he was having a little tummy time in his crib and when Josh went back in to check on him about five minutes later he was on his back. I still can't catch it on video. That stinks.

8. Brody slept through church and through Sunday School (we took him to class with us). He woke up hungry when we got home for lunch. Perfect child.

9. I baked peanut butter cookies this afternoon for fun. They were good. They did not help with my weight loss goals or regaining my pre-pregnancy figure. My justification for eating 5 cookies and half the dough is that peanut butter is healthy. Did I mention I went back to the gym on Wednesday and I couldn't move Thursday? It's true. I'm giving up working out and taking up baking instead.

10. I took a nap after I read the Sunday paper. I sound old, but it's like the best part of my Sunday afternoon. Last week it didn't happen and I was pretty sure it wasn't going to this Sunday because Josh was going to go play football with the guys from church, but they ended up not playing. Maybe I prayed he wouldn't get to play, or maybe I didn't. That's between me and God. Either way, he was at home so I took a nap. Brody enjoyed his nap as well.


Hope you had a wonderful weekend as well!

6 comments:

Laura Ann said...

Jennifer ~ praise God for the sleep and all the other wonderful things that took place this weekend, even for the cookies.

I can remember the best part after having Emma was not having to go to the potty every 10 minutes. I just told my husband that I think I have learned to stay asleep and get up and go now (all night).

Brody is so cute and I love the one of him in front of the book. Little boy, he wanted his Paci.

I think it is great that you are giving him a bottle occasionally. We waited too long to do it with Emma and she had the hardest time because she would drink it too fast. She got sick everytime, I would get upset...so it did not happen very often till she was like 6 months old. I will do things different with Mr. Gavin.

Have a great week and hope you get some more good night sleeps.

Morgan Garrett said...

Congratulations on the 7 hours of sleep! I'm at the stage of getting up to use the bathroom during the night 5 times or more. And Elyssa loves to move the most at night. Haha today at church we sang "Come, Now Is The Time to Worship". Elyssa thought it was her time to come and Worship, I thought I was going to see some hands and feet poking out of me. Boy, she has never done that, that hard before. I really thought we would be welcoming a child in during that song. She did A ok the rest of the service and Sunday School though, it was just that song. Now I know to have my worship team outside my hospital room door singing that song-quick labor and delivery!

Kelly said...

Congratulations on the sleep.
I just love the perfect baby stage. Enjoy it, bc it is a SHORT stage.
Such an adorable little guy. I love the last picture. I can not get over his long legs.
I hope you have as good a week as you did weekend.
Have you gone back to work or are you going back?

Mandi said...

Praise God for sleep!!! I remember the first time Baby D slept 5 hours straight...I felt like a new woman! (:

Brody seems pretty normal...give him what he wants and he's a happy baby (the before and after paci pics are too funny)!

The Allens said...

That was all very sweet and I am thrilled he is doing so well! Thank you, also, for your information on walking, exercise, etc.

Shannon said...

Glad you had a good weekend! :) How exciting that he rolled over!!