Thursday, November 20, 2008

Growth Spurt

Brody has had his 6 week growth spurt the past couple of days. He has been so fussy and almost inconsolable. I have felt so sorry for him! I pretty much held him all morning long yesterday just to try and make him feel better. I know it's exhausting for him! Nothing I do seems to make it any better and that is so hard for me. I wish I could fix it! I get a little tired from the growth spurts as well. He nurses every 2 hours, from start of one to start of the next, and he hardly naps at all. He seemed much happier yesterday afternoon and evening! He made all kinds of noises at us, and even seemed to enjoy some tummy time last night. While he was on his tummy I took this picture of him holding his head up. Look how strong his little neck is getting! He can hold his head up like this for about 10 seconds before he needs a little break. He's getting so big!!

11 comments:

Kristen Rodgers said...

Awww, He is growing up so fast! You're such a good mommy.

Mandi said...

Wow! He is really strong!!! This picture of him is really cute...I just love the way their foreheads wrinkle when they are little. (:

Kelly said...

that is the cutest picture I have seen. He looks so alert and strong.
Way to go Brody.

Shannon said...

So cute!! Show us your tree since I saw on Facebook that you were decorating it! :)

Amanda said...

He is getting so big! I love his facial expressions! He always looks so cute!

Kristi said...

Have you tried swaddling little man to make him sleep? That was something that was recommended when my girls were going through that tough period. Something about them being confined helps them relax and rest. I also had to let them cry for a few minutes then they would fall asleep. It was really hard to do but in the end it was worth it. He is getting so big, what does he weigh now? If it continues for a few more days you might call the doctor. He may recommend giving him some rice cereal in a bottle or two a day. He sounds like he isn't getting full. That was also a problem we had so I would pump and but some rice cereal in it, then feed it to them in a bottle. It usually only took one or two bottles a day and that made the world of difference.

The Allens said...

That is a GREAT picture!

Elizabeth said...

Hey Jennifer, I am a new blogger and I just wanted to stop by and leave a comment. For the past month, I have checked Jessica, Kelly, and your blog daily. Your baby, Brody is so adorable and my favorite thing has been all the amazing nursery's!! Please check out my new blog and leave a comment. I hope my blog will be one you enjoy reading daily as I have all of yours!!

The Williams' said...

Thank You! I got the plate out of Southern Living, but they discontinued them last year! I sell Southern Living though, so if they happen to come out with another one, I'll let you know!

blessedmomto7 said...

What a little DOLL! Aren't they just little miracles!

Emily said...

I just found your blog and I can't wait to read more. I, myself, just had a baby boy Oct. 30th and learning all the quirks of being a new mommy. My son Lincoln was 5 weeks yesterday and he doesn't hold up his head as well as your precious little boy. I too know all about those growth spurts. All you get done is feed and change the little one the entire day... and nothing makes them happy.