Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our Weekend

We had a pretty busy weekend around our house. Well, busy considering there is a baby in the picture now!

Josh and I went to the Tom Pagnozzi Charities Banquet and Sports Memorabilia Auction on Saturday night. Yes, I said Josh and I. Not the three of us. We left Brody for the first time that night to go!! AHHH! He was in good hands with Big Daddy, Gigi, and Aunt Jilly. Josh and I enjoyed getting dressed up and going on a little date. I missed Brody a lot and so did Josh. I only called twice to check on him and I text messaged my mom and sister a few times. A few hundred times. We were only gone 3 hours ( the length between feedings around here) but we had a fun night getting to spend a little time with each other!! Thanks for the tickets Dad! They showed the Razorback game at the dinner. That was fun until the last 5 minutes. Enough said.

The three of us before we left the house.

Here are a few pics of Brody that they took while we were gone.

So precious!

He gave my mom a really weird look. I think it's hilarious!

Today, some of Josh's family came to town to see Brody. Josh's cousin Shelia and her granddaughter, Brennan, Josh's parents and Josh's grandpa spent the afternoon with us. We had a lot of fun getting to see everyone. We went to eat with everyone before they left town and then Josh, Brody, and I went to TJ Maxx to look around. I had been wanting to get new Christmas stockings for us, but I have had a hard time finding some that matched our Christmas stuff. All my tree ornaments and decorations are blue and brown (like our entire house) so I wanted something to match those colors. I found these at TJ Maxx today. I was really excited because they matched all our things and I love that Brody's stocking is smaller. I think it will look cute between ours on the mantel this year.After we left, we went out to my parent's house for a few minutes. It was the first time Brody had been to Big Daddy and Gigi's house. I think he had fun. I'm sure he will have lots of fun times there. I wanted to show him the golf course in the backyard but since my dad wasn't there I decided to wait until he can show Brody. Here is a picture of us at their house.After we got home from there, Maggie and Ben came over to see Brody and brought him a little gift. These are "Pee-Pee Tee Pees" and the tag says they are "for the sprinkling wee wee." Basically they prevent all of us from getting sprayed. We are very thankful for these after learning the hard way what little boys are capable of!

10 comments:

Julee Turner said...

I feel like I missed out on so much this weekend! :( But I am glad ya'll had a good one! I missed you and Brody and will see you tomorrow for sure!

The Allens said...

You look great! I am glad all is going so well!

Michelle said...

Sheila..where ye at?!

Shannon said...

It looks like ya'll had a great weekend! Those Pee Pee Tee Pees are hilarious!! :)

Jessica said...

You look SO SKINNY!!! Ughh... : )

I was at T.J. Maxx in Fayetteville on Sat. and I totally saw those stockings!! So cute! It was a mad house in there, as usual... But I love the thrill of the hunt. Did you see the cute Halloween costumes for kids? : )

Shannon said...

Katie is feeling better. I just talked to her about an hour ago and they were giving her dinner and if she kept it down for an hour she could be released. Her mom came up this morning to stay all week to take care of Zach.

Laura Ann said...

You look awesome and Brody is oh, so cute! I am glad that you guys had a date night and it looks like it was lots of fun. The stockings are so nice. Just a little advice you might want to pick up a couple extras for the next babies or you may not find them to match again. We are going to have to buy new ones for that reason. Have a great week.

Mandi said...

We had Pee-pee Teepees, too! They are so funny and very needed with baby boys. (:

The first time we went out was for my birthday when baby D was about 6weeks old. It was nice to be out alone together, but we coudn't wait to get back to him!

Katie said...

Glad you and Josh were able to go out!

Love the stockings!!

The Lane Family said...

He is precious! I am so glad to now be apart of the blogging world. I look forward to getting to know Brody through pics, but promise to stop by and visit when you come to B-town. Love ya, Mandy