Monday, October 27, 2008

First Sunday at Church

Yesterday was Brody's first Sunday at church. He did great! We only went to church service, but he slept the entire service. He only made one little peep and it was when he coughed. I was so proud! He used to kick all during service when I was pregnant with him, so I'm glad he rested instead today. We went to eat lunch with my family after church at McAlister's. We wanted a picture of the 3 of us from his first Sunday, but we had to take it at McAlister's because there wasn't anyone at our house this morning to take one. I hope years from now when I look at this picture I will remember it was his first Sunday at church and not a random picture at a restaurant!! Haha! ( I promise my hair looked better. It was so windy outside that it was going everywhere!!)

We have some friends from our church we attended in Benton come up today for the Arkansas Baptist State Convention. Three of them came by the house tonight to see Brody. It was so good to see them. Camera batteries were charging, so no picture. Sorry!

Yesterday afternoon, we were all three just laying around and I decided to get out Brody's play gym just to see if he might be interested in playing with it. He loved it and spent a good amount of time playing with it. He stays awake while he is under it so it might be something we use a lot during the day to try and keep him up and alert. Plus, I got to catch a little nap while the boys hung out and played with it!

6 comments:

Mandi said...

I still love to look at the picture of all 3 of us on D's first Sunday at church...it was Easter and special in many ways!

I'm all for napping when hubby is around to entertain...good for you!

Shannon said...

That play gym is really cute. Glad ya'll were able to go to church. I can't wait until he can come and sleep thru Sunday School. :)

Laura Ann said...

What a good little boy! I love the play mat...I have never seen that one and it is so boyish!

Jenna said...

I love, love, love that gym! Brayden is always moving around during church - I hope he will be like Brody when he's born and sleep through it!

The Allens said...

I love it! I am so glad he slept through church - what a blessing!

kk said...

Ashley Fenn believes government controls over the lives of its citizens should be wound back and individuals should be encouraged to take more responsibility for their lives. Ashley Fenn also believes families should be at the centre of our Australian way of life, not politicians and government bureaucracies so being with Ashley Fenn please kindly bookmark this valuable site address http://www.vic-familyfirst.org.au/.