Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Big Foot

Our boy has big feet. No joke. They are really big for baby feet. Since I had a c-section, I couldn't see Brody when they pulled him out. The first thing I heard though was "lots of hair" and then, "big hands and big feet." The foot thing didn't really register with me because about that time Dr. Seale walked around the sheet screen with him and there was my baby. He took my breath away.
We took our first family picture and then, Brody and Josh left for the nursery. I got to see him about 30 seconds. Still didn't notice his feet.

(Just for fun, here is our first family photo. Please excuse the hair net!! Haha!)

It was 45 minutes before I was taken to recovery. Then, I spent almost an hour in recovery. Finally, after what felt like 10 hours, they took me to my room and brought Brody in to be with me. That's when I saw these.

His foot print from the hospital. It takes up the entire box!

Here is a picture I took this week.

Anytime someone comes over to see him, they comment on the size of his feet. He can't help it. I wear a size 10 and Josh wears a size 12. It's just in his genes. Maybe with big hands and big feet he will be an amazing athlete!

Just a side note, we went to the pediatrician today for a weight check. Last Tuesday, he weighed 8lbs 1oz. (His birth weight was 8lbs 5oz.) Today, he weighed 8lbs 8oz! They give breastfeeding babies 3 weeks to get back to their birth weight and we surpassed it in 2 1/2 weeks! His doctor told me to keep up the good work and he would see us in December!! Yay!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Those feet are absolutely adorable!!! Too cute! I am glad you are all doing well!

Laura Ann said...

Look at those feet. Yes, they are big, but oh so sweet and cute. Before long, they will be running all over your home. Enjoy them while they are still little enough to hold in your arms.

Emma has the littlest feet ever. For so long, about a year to be exact no shoes would fit her except crib shoes. She is officially now in a size 3 ~ I think that is what a 6 month old should be wearing. I was so excited when I finally got to buy her some real shoes.

Brody is so cute & I love the 1st family picture.

Have a great day!

Shannon said...

That footprint is hilarious! I love it! He was so cute last night. Sorry about the food again! :)

Mandi said...

I love the photo of his footprint not fitting inside the box...baby feet are sooo cute!

Keep up the good work...Brody looks so healthy! (:

The Allens said...

That's too cute! So glad all is well!

Laura Ann said...

I posted a picture of Emma's little foot on my blog today...you will have to check it out and compare it to Brody's.

Anonymous said...

So cute! I know everyone is so excited...I definitely know that Jimmie and Thurman are! I kept hoping that Emily would be on call when you delivered...maybe next time! Gary and Debbie A

His Doorkeeper said...

His feet are so precious!

Just think how tall he would be if he didn't have so much turned down for feet!! ha

Glad he's had his first "game day"!

Amy said...

So cute!