Saturday, October 11, 2008

One Week Old


Since Brody was born on his due date, Friday still marks a milestone at our house. Before it marked our weeks in pregnancy and now it marks his weekly birthday. Friday was Brody's one week birthday. I cannot believe he is already a week old! I understand why parents say it goes by so fast. He is honestly the best thing that has ever happened to us! I cannot say enough wonderful things about being a mom. Josh and I cannot believe how much we love him! I could go on forever about it but it would be the longest post ever. For those of you who are soon-to-be moms, I am soooo excited for you. I was already excited, but now that I know how absolutely amazing it is, I'm even more excited!!! Your lives will be more blessed than you can ever imagine. I promise to play catch up over the next few days and let you know all about our sweet boy and how we are adjusting. I have a lot of great pictures from this week to share! I hope you have a great Saturday! We are loving our first Saturday at home with Brody!


10 comments:

Jenna said...

You both look adorable! I can't wait to hear more about how you all are doing!

Lil Miss K's Mommy said...

congrats! I actually found you from Kelly's blog a few weeks ago. I kind of kept up with your blog b/c we were due on the same date so it was nice to see someone going through the same things at the same time as me. Brody is GORGEOUS!!! Congrats to you and your family. His nursery is adorable too!
~Lisa

Kelly said...

I can't wait to meet Harper and experience what you are experiencing! I'm glad you love it so much.
P.S. You are sooooo skinny already! UGH! :-)

Jessica said...

You look great!!! Shesh... you lil' skinny thing!! : )

So glad you are home. I can't wait to meet my Harbor and bring him home now. : )

Leah said...

Jennifer this makes me sooo excited about Perri. I am getting so stinking anxious and will just pace around the house trying to find things to do to pass time. About 4 weeks or less left praise the Lord.You both look wonderful and I can only hope that my body goes back as fast as yours! Sheesh!! Lucky!!!

Shannon said...

Hey! You look great! I can't wait to see him in person again!

Mandi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I love "meeting" people who have experience with adoption...especially through the foster care system. It's nice to know that positive things can come from such a crazy system!
By the way, you look fabulous! Enjoy these first days with your sweet son.

The Allens said...

He's beautiful!

Liz said...

He's so cute! Congrats. And NO WAY you just had a baby skinny lady! :)

Nicole M Wood said...

You look GREAT!!!!!!!!! He is so cute. I can't wait to see more pictures of the little man.