Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our Weekend

Josh and I went on a date Friday night. It will be the last one for a few weeks! We went to eat and then went to see Fireproof. It was such a great movie with a great message. I think every married couple should go see it. It was a great reminder to me of the importance of centering your marriage around Christ, or as Josh likes to say, having a marriage of 3. We had a great time! We were going to go get ice cream afterwards, but I was too full from the peanut M&Ms I brought with me in my purse. Yes, I sneak food into the movies. If I thought I could pop a bag of popcorn and get in with it I would! I paid 88 cents at Walmart for the same box of M&Ms that they sell at the movies for $3.50. I also brought in my bottle of Sam's Choice water that was probably 25 cents if you divide it out instead of paying $3 for water there. I will blame my frugality on the rough economic times we are facing. Actually, I would do it anyway. Movie theater concessions run a monopoly. I'm convinced of it.

Saturday morning we slept in (until 8:30) and then I got up and made pancakes and bacon for breakfast. I figured it would be the last leisurely Saturday morning we had for a while. Then, I cleaned house. I feel like that's all I do. I promise our house doesn't get that dirty, but I just knew it was the last chance I would get to clean it before he gets here. I had a TON of energy Saturday. I think I annoyed Josh. I think it was a mixture of energy and baby excitement. If bottled it would probably be illegal!

Today, after church, I helped host a baby shower at Shannon's house for Desty and baby Kailyn. For those of you who read Shannon's blog, her house is even more beautiful in person. She is so talented. I tell her she makes me sick! I wanted to curl up on her couch and take a nap today. It's just that comfortable. Here are a few pictures from the shower.

All the hostesses...Joni, Abby, Katie, Shannon, Heather, and me

The yummy food!

The cute cupcakes!

Our pregnant bellies! Desty is due October 21st. It's been fun being pregnant at the same time.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Shannon's house is amazing. I'd love to see it in person!
We have a date planned for this Friday night to see "Fireproof" and eat out and I can't wait!!!

Shannon said...

I want to see this movie! I saw Nights in Rodonthe last night. It was ok. Kind of slow.

You are so funny! :) You should have taken a nap! :) Thanks for all your help yesterday and for bringing the punch! It was good!

Jill said...

I love thoes cupcakes!! Shannon's house is beautiful! It is perfect!! Tell Brody he can come in 3 days! Tell him to wait until Aunt Jilly calls on Thursday night and says she is out of class and done with her bio test!! I can't wait to meet the little guy!!