Monday, September 29, 2008

One Year Ago

It's funny how much change a year can bring. One year ago this past weekend this is what I was doing....

Yes, I was about to be a bride and now I'm about to be a mommy! Josh and I will have our one year anniversary on November 10th, only six weeks from today. I hope we remember it in all the chaos. If you had told me this time last year I would be having a baby a year from then I would have laughed at you. It's funny how God had totally different plans for our life than we had for ourselves. Honestly, I wouldn't have wanted it our way now. My 3-5 year plan for a family shortened to a 3 month plan. While it took us by COMPLETE surprise then it seems like now that it was our plan all along. I'm amazed at how God provided for us and seemed to work everything out perfectly for us to transition from Newlyweds into parenthood. Sure there are times when I think "what if" but the reality is the "what ifs" were never meant to be. I'm excited about being a young mom. I think there are a lot of advantages to it! I've learned a lot about trusting God this year and especially during this pregnancy. I look forward to all the great plans God has for our family of 3!

Now for what I did today....Here I am once I got home from my last day of work until January!! This is excitement mixed with exhaustion which explains the weird look on my face. I thought about not putting this picture on here but I decided to be real with you all! I tried so hard to hang in there at work until the end, but I just couldn't do it anymore. I love my job but it is soooo draining! I didn't have an ounce of energy left in me when I would get home. Plus I would at least like one morning of sleeping in past 6:00 before this baby gets here.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Yeay for your last day!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad you get a little time off before Brody comes! I can't believe he's about to be here!!!!!

Jessica said...

Woo hoo! So happy for you that you can relax at home and put your feet up! : )

The Allens said...

I love your blog! I am eighteen weeks pregnant and it occurred 6 WEEKS after marriage! Yes, we were taken by surprise, as well! But you are correct - God knows best and this is exactly as it should be.

Katie said...

Congrats on no more work for awhile!! I know you're SO ready to meet your son!

Jill said...

someone looks excited!! i like that picture! i always love you in that color! 4 more days!! yay!