Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Just Waiting

It was really nice to not have anything I had to do today. I got to sleep in and then I ran a few errands and just hung around the house the afternoon. I got a text this morning from one of the teachers at our school and she said my sub didn't show up. I was freaking out and then she sent me a text a little while later and told me she was just kidding and that she missed me! Really sweet way to start the morning. Thank you Megan!

After I recovered from my heart attack, I decided to attempt to be crafty today. Key word there is attempt. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a "B" and some leopard print scrap booking paper and made this for a shelf in Brody's nursery. It matches the leopard print fabric on the outside of his crib bumper. Here are some pictures of me working on it and the finished product on the shelf.

There is a little monkey whose legs hang off a shelf that I want to get for the space still left. Jill found it yesterday at a pharmacy in town.

Jill came by today and brought a few little things she had picked up for Brody yesterday.

Corduroy was Jill's favorite book when she was little so she bought a copy for Brody.

Here is the soon-to-be aunt with the little onesie! She is so excited to meet him!

7 comments:

Whitney said...

I found your blog through Kelly's Korner and I have been reading it for a little while now and I just wanted to congraulate you on your baby boy that will be here any day now according to your blog! Your 'B' is precious. I loved that book, too! Congrats again! iI'm a faithful reader now!

Kelly said...

Cute little "B"!
I'm glad you are enjoying your time before he comes! Love the little gifts your sister got you!

Laura Ann said...

I have been following your blog for a while now. I can not wait to see pictures of little Brody. Great job on the "B" today...the nursery is really cute. Good luck on your delivery and I am praying you are blessed with a happy healthy baby boy.

Lea Liz said...

I am a lurker, I found your blog on Kellys Corner. You look great and it's almost time for you baby boy!!! I have a little boy on the way and I am naming him Brody too!! Goodluck and congratulations!!!!

Jeremiah and Lindsey Kindy said...

the B is so cute, i love that idea!

you are getting so close to meeting that sweet little boy... and let me tell you, little boys love love love their mommy! there is nothing like boys.(im a bit partial though)-- Congrats again!

Shannon said...

That was my favorite book too. Your "B" turned out great!!

Jessica said...

Yeah for mod-podge!!! Love it!