Friday, September 26, 2008

39 Weeks


I have grown extreme amounts this week and I feel really big!! It's amazing how Brody fills up my entire belly. I feel him from one side all the way to the other. He always has his feet in my ribs these days and it tickles like crazy!!!

I cannot believe that I'm almost finished with this pregnancy. It's weird to think about! I'm just so excited to meet our boy! Every day I wonder if it will be the day he comes. I can hardly sleep thinking about going into labor in the middle of the night. My thoughts are consumed with wondering what he looks like. Will he have dark hair like his daddy, or blond hair like me? OK, just kidding. My hair isn't really blond but it was until I was in middle school! Will he be tall like us? Will his little face look like one of ours? Aww!! The things I cannot wait to find out! Josh and I have sat on the couch at night this week and at least 10 times had a conversation about how there will be a baby in our house in just a matter of days! It's such a crazy thought!

I go to the doctor this afternoon after school. I usually go on Thursdays but my doctor was on call yesterday and wasn't in the office so they had me come today instead. I'm always excited to see if I have progressed and I'm always entertained when I get on the scale!! Haha! I hit 25lbs last week! I hope that's about the end of that. I will update this afternoon when I get home from the doctor.

The finally found a sub for my maternity leave this week. Thank goodness! I was getting so nervous! People aren't exactly signing up for long term subbing in Pre K!! I hope this lady is sweet, patient, and helpful for the sake of my sweet co-workers.

A funny story from yesterday. During rest time this little boy in my class said, "Hey Mrs. Francis...Big foot lives in our hearts". Then he paused for a few seconds and said, "and so does Jesus!" I almost wet my pants! The preggo girl with little bladder control cannot handle funny moments like that too well! I wanted to tell him that I had one of the two in my heart, but I didn't feel like having a theology discussion with a four year old!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I think you are still itty bitty!!!! You look so good! I can't believe you have one week left!!!! Brody will be here SO SOON!!!!! Thinking of you in these last few weeks!

Jenna said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures of little Brody! You are the cutest little pregnant person!

Shannon said...

I'm so excited for you! I bet it would be so weird to think about a baby in the house! :) Can't wait!

Jessica said...

Girl, you look good!! You seem so tiny, even though I know you must feel huge. I feel huge! Ha, ha! : ) Cute school story... : )