Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Update and The Nursery


So I haven't posted in a month. We have been a little busy! Here is an update...

I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago..Everything looked great and we are right on schedule!

We went to Destin with Josh's parent two weeks ago. We had so much fun! It was a different experience being pregnant at the beach. I couldn't ride a jet ski or parasail. Every time I would get settled in my beach chair I would have to walk all the way back up to the bathrooms by the pool. I also was hot the entire week and I sunburned like a lobster despite the fact that I wore 50SPF! Brody and I both enjoyed all the yummy seafood though! I also hit the 27 week mark at the beach so here is my weekly picture!

Finally, we have been busy working on the nursery the past couple of weeks. The room was our office and it was painted red this past fall, so we just left it that color. I ordered jungle themed bedding. It is really cute. I don't think the pictures do it justice. It is so much brighter in person. While the room is no where near finished, Brody at least has a place to sleep and be rocked! I have put up some pictures of our progress. Just a warning...there are several of them! Josh has worked so hard and has done such a great job putting everything together. I appreciate him more than he will ever know! Not to mention, I am so glad I "can't" help because there is no way I could figure out those furniture directions! Whoa!

Opening the crib box. I think that was a fake smile....

All the cribs many parts...



Hard at work...



Almost finished!!!


Finished..without the mattress or bedding!


Josh was so proud! So was I!


Here is a recent picture with the mattress and bedding



The second task...the dresser! By the way, he always puts together furniture without his shirt!haha!



Putting together the drawers...He was taking a little break....
This is the finished product!



This is the glider we bought for the room! I LOVE it!! It is so comfortable and soft! I cannot wait to spend time in the chair rocking, feeding, and reading to Brody!!

1 comment:

April S. said...

I hope you don't think I am strange, just a stranger. I found your blog through Kelly's page. I am pregnant and expecting a boy in Jan 2009. My husband and I are looking for bedding and I saw yours and LOVE it. I was wondering where you got it? If you don't mind, will you email me and let me know? My email address is aprilcsimpson@hotmail.com Love the furniture you guys picked out too.